When you have an embryo transfer, you have to have a full bladder because they do an external ultrasound. So, I always have to drink 24-32 oz of water prior to the procedure, and it can be quite uncomfortable. This time, though, I was so uncomfortable and in so much pain! And when Dr. Jarrett looked at the ultrasound on the screen he yelled at me! He told me I did not need to drink as much as I did, and that my bladder was really full. I just told him that I'm an over-achiever and wanted to do my best :) And when we were walking back to the bathroom, the nurse said it's the fullest bladder she's ever seen! Needless to say, I don't think I've ever been so happy to be able to go to the bathroom!
Not much else to say about what's been going on with me - just playing the waiting game. I've had to take some HCG "booster" shots, but only 3, and my last one is on Friday. Then no more shots! At least for this cycle...
I know I've talked about it in a previous post, but the waiting is the worst part. Before now, I've been actively involved in the process through shots, bloodwork, and ultrasounds. Now, all I can do is sit back and wait. This is probably the most relaxed and positive cycle I've been through, though, and it makes it a lot easier. Every time a negative thought creeps up, I stop it in its tracks and pray instead. Also, in the past, I always prayed that I would be able to deal with whatever plan God had for us. I never asked for what I really wanted - to be pregnant and have a healthy baby. This time around, I've decided that there's nothing wrong with specifically asking for what I want. I know God already knows, but I think he wants me to ask him. I also pray that if it doesn't happen this time that He'll help us through it. I just have to keep trusting that He knows what He's doing :)
![]() |
| Our 2 little embryos - aren't they cute? |
![]() |
| My uterus with the embryos inside - they're the little white grain of rice spot in the top right |


Wow, Julie! Those look PERFECT! They did a 3 day transfer, right? Ha, your bladder does look extremely full...That was SO uncomfortable; perhaps the worst part of the whole process! :)
ReplyDeleteI am SO excited for you and I am anxiously awaiting the time when you're ready to share. Keep up those meditations and medications! Best of luck! Here's to two sticky little beans!!!! :)
From Julie (having computer issues) Yep, 3 day transfer. I was just thinking the other day how most parents don't have pictures of their kids 3 days after they were conceived. If, and when, this works, we will, and that's a really cool thing!!
ReplyDelete