Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree...

In 970 days, infertility gave to me...

Countless prenatal vitamins, baby aspirin, heartache, and tears
Thousands of dollars
Lots of nurses
101 injections
18 eggs retrieved from my body
13 trips to Urbana for consulations, ultrasounds, and bloodwork
13 different meds
7 trips to Indy for surgery, egg retrievals, and embryo transfers
7 embryos created
4 doctors (Dr. Dameron, Dr. Tolentino, Dr. Bonaventura, Dr. Jarrett)
4 anesthesiologists
3 embryologists
3 rounds of in-vitro fertilization
2 years and 8 months
1 attempted, but not completed, intra-uterine insemination
1 surgery
1 trip to the emergency room
and
a little miracle in my belly...

Yep, you read that right!  We're gonna have a baby!!  I still have a hard time saying it because I never thought this day would come, and I feel like if I say it I'll somehow jinx myself.  But, we're so excited!!  I'm only 8 weeks right now, so it's still early, but I'm too excited to keep the news to myself.  We've had 2 ultrasounds, and everything looks great so far.  At the first ultrasound, the nurse also found an empty sac from where the other embryo implanted.  Unfortunately, that baby didn't survive.  But we're so excited to have at least 1 baby!  I feel like I have so much to share, but can't think of it all at once for this post.  So, feel free to message me if you want more info.  Oh, and we're due April 12th; another April birthday to add to our families. 

Jimmy and I are so grateful for the support, encouragement, and prayers we've gotten from so many people along the way!  We wouldn't have made it through this without you!  So, you are as much of this process and success as anyone!  I know this doesn't mean the struggles are over, so I ask for continued prayer for the health of this baby, and for me.  And I can't stop thanking God for this wonderful blessing!  I'll continue to update the blog with new developments :)

101 injections!
Us with Dr. Jarrett

All the nurses, better known as "the baby-making team"
Baby Jellis at 8 weeks

3 comments:

  1. Obviously I already knew this, but I am SO EXCITED about this post! Also, I totally cried while reading it...something to look forward to! CONGRATULATIONS and I'm so happy for you and Jimmy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't had a good cry in awhile so thanks! CONGRATS, so HAPPY for you guys! Can't wait to be an aunt again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting. I was waiting and waiting to hear the results. Yall will continue to be on our prayers but that is so awesome. CONGRATS!!!

    anjcoakley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete