I went for my third and final appointment today to monitor my estrogen level and follicle growth. I have a lot of follicles, but there are only 9-10 that are mature enough for the retrieval. Last time I had 13 eggs, but I was also over-stimulated. Hopefully this will still make a good number of embryos. My egg retrieval will be Wednesday morning in Indy, and I can't wait! I've been waiting so long for this week to get here. I just took my trigger shots tonight (they trigger ovulation), and then I have no more shots for at least another 5 days! I've grown so accustomed to giving myself injections in the morning and at night, that it will seem weird not to do it. I can definitely tell that my ovaries have been growing, though, because I'm starting to get bloated. I've also got some bruises on my stomach, have headaches, and a sore throat. According to Mayo Clinic's website, headaches and a sore throat can be side effects from Menopur. But it's all worth it!
My arcenal for 1 injection - 4 vials w/ 1ml saline
I'm trying to be excited and stay positive and not entertain negative thoughts this time. I've been doing relaxation/visualization cd's every night, called Circle+Bloom, which a lovely friend gave me. It's specifically made for an IVF cycle, and it's specific for each day in the cycle. It only takes 15 minutes, but it really helps me relax, think positive, and visualize my body doing what it's supposed to do. They also have other fertility programs and women's general health, so I suggest you check it out :) I have also been attending an infertility support group, which has been a great outlet for me. My wonderful friends and family are great supporters, but it's so nice to have people to talk to that know exactly what I'm going through. We are also able to encourage each other and share our knowledge.
Cant wait to hear the results of the egg retrevial. just remember though, it only takes one :)
ReplyDeleteCoakley
Congrats on scheduling your retrieval! Mine is Thursday : )
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you today! I hope that it all goes wonderfully, that you feel great, and that you get some perfect little embies! I'm glad you're getting something out of Circle + Bloom...I know I did! :) We'll be in touch, I'm sure! :)
ReplyDelete-Kate