Monday, August 1, 2011

A Welcome Distraction

We just spent the weekend in Chicago, and it was such a welcome distraction from everything stressful in our lives!  We went to Grand Lux Cafe and Cheesecake Factory to eat and went to 2 Red Sox games.  And I did what I like best - shopped, and Jimmy did what he likes best - visited Chicago fire stations.  My mom, step-dad, and nephew were also able to come up to celebrate my mom's birthday, and the Red Sox won on her birthday!  We all had such a great time!

Jimmy, Reed, and I

Fred, my Mom, and Reed

Red Sox win!!

But now, it's back to the reality of anxiety and being terrified...  All I could think about today was whether or not this IVF cycle will be successful.  I tried to distract myself at work, but it didn't work.  I try to think positive and pray, but it doesn't help much.  I just feel like a big ball of anxiety.  I am absolutely terrified.  I can't face the possibility that this may not work again.  It's so hard to deal with that I can't even think about it.  I don't know what we'll do if it doesn't work, but I know we'll deal with it somehow, because we have to.  Well, that's all I can write right now because it's all I can handle.  I'm going back to mindless TV where I don't have to think about the stresses in our lives.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment