Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dreams...

I can't wait to experience life with a child!  I love the innocence of children and their ability to get excited over the little things.  I can't wait to take our kids fishing, and to the zoo, and go on walks together.  I can't wait to see how their faces light up when they walk into Disney World for the very first time.  A lot of the things that I do, I think about how it would be if we had our child with us.  I think about how excited they would be to watch fireworks and how amazed they would be by them.  And I imagine how they will play with Roscoe and Dolce, and how they'll be best friends.  I can't wait for their daddy to show them the fire trucks.  I can't wait to watch our little girl all dressed up for dance recitals, and our little boy all suited up in football pads.  I can't wait to hold our newborn baby and feel the immense love that I will have for him.  I can't wait for our baby to giggle, and to come to me for comfort.  I can't wait to hold my baby while he sleeps and just feel utter contentment. 

For now, these things remain dreams of mine, but I believe they will be true experiences sometime in my future.  I don't allow my mind to think of these things very often, because it is painful.  But I have to keep the hope alive.  Remaining hopeful means that I continue to trust in God, even when it's difficult, and that's what I've got to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment