Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Staying Close to God in the Good Times

It's easy to be close to God and to rely on Him during the tough times, but what about when things are good?  I was so reliant on Him when we were going through the infertility stuff.  I asked to be pregnant and have a child, but I also trusted whatever His plan was for us.  And I would ask Him all the time just to help me through it. 

But what about now?  Now that everything is going good, I do think it's harder to be reliant on Him, and easier to kind of push Him to the side.  I hate to say it, but I find that I have to work harder to be close to Him now.  Anytime I pray that the baby is ok and healthy, I automatically have to remind myself to thank Him for this gift.  I try to thank Him as much as possible, because I know that it's because of Him that we have this child.  I consciously try to praise Him at least as much as I request things from Him. 

And sometimes I get lost in all the goodness around me that I forget to give Him the credit for it.  It's because of Him that I was able to get pregnant, start a new job that I like, and Jimmy was able to finish up his paramedic requirements.  And all of this has happened in less than 2 months!  I am finally free from the bondage of infertility that took over my life for 2 years and 8 months, and I can't explain to you how liberated I feel.  I am now able see so much more joy in life.  I had every intention of staying joyful and positive throughout our difficult time, but it was nearly impossible.  And I don't think I truly realized how depressed I was until I was able to have this happiness to compare it to.  I just want everyone going through infertility (or anything else difficult in life) to be able to experience this happiness.

On Friday Jimmy and I will celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary, and this year it's extra special.  I know there will be more difficult times to come in life, but for right now, I'm going to enjoy this!  And thank God for it!

1 comment:

  1. Julie you have such a wonderful attitude that God knows you are not making this happy time all about you and the baby. Remember God knows your heart even if your hormones and head are whirling around. God would not bless you with this if he felt you didn't truely rely and love him.

    ReplyDelete